Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No Regrets!





I took Jared into the doctor's on Monday, it was for something that always nagged at me about him and when Mom and Lea both noticed it, I decided not to put it off. I thought for sure we would go into and our pediatrician, who is wonderful, and she would say no worries. I mean it still seems kind of silly even writing it, he pees a lot. He is always thirsty and has to go pee all the time. They did a urine sample in the office and it was extremely diluted, so the doctor automatically thought Diabetes Insipidus (sorry if that is spelt wrong I have avoided looking it up until they know if he has it), but this is where we stumped her, he doesn't wet in the night, never has, which if he had this kind of diabetes he would pee a lot at night too. Ever since infancy he has woken up with a dry diaper. I mentioned this when he was a baby to a different doctor and he laughed and said he would grow out of it. Never did. So anyways we had a blood test done on Tuesday (which he was amazing for didn't cry or even flinch), and we are having an ultrasound on Thursday. Then we wait for results. I will keep you all updated, until then please don't worry, I am doing enough for all of us. I have decided that better than worry I want to be happy and appreciate this little amazing guy because you don't ever know what could happen. So if you read this take a moment to appreciate those you love- none of us want to have regrets. And truly he doesn't seem sick in anyway, he is as lively as ever. We are currently learning to read, he knows about 10 words by sight and can sound out most three letter words. He is a joy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared is the bravest little guy. He was such a trooper through all the tests. We sure love you little buddy.
Nonna and Papa

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about Jared. I haven't heard anything for awhile. I do love the blog from everybody. It is so nice to keep in touch this way. I said a prayer for the little guy everynight before i go to bed. love you all Aunt louise