So, we decided to do a last minute SURPRISE road trip to Indiana last week. It took two long days to get there, we almost turned around in Minnesota- we really discovered that if Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy- see I tried sitting up front in our 97 Caddy, and kept having to climb back and sit in the middle with the boys, well my back got really sore, we finally stopped got me some ibuprofen, bengay, and a support pillow and moved nathan's seat to the middle so I actually had a seat and we were on the road again, happy campers. It was fun surprising Jays dad on Saturday night, Sue thought she was seeing things when she answered the door! We were going to surprise his mom at church the next day, but had gotten in too late to make it over to Kendallville by 9am. So we suprised her Sunday night, again total shock. I guess travelling 2,000 miles to see someone is a big deal and to do it totally unexpected is almost unbelievable at first. Well it all worked out great and we had the best vacation ever. Here are some of our favorite memories....





Well the visit went great and we almost made it home, 400 miles shy our car started overheating and the rest as they say is history, we still tried to make it memorable, Jared LOVED riding in the tow truck!
Family is wonderful! We had a great visit, and my wonderful Mom and sister came to Bozeman Montana to resucue us, now we just have to bring the caddy home :) really life could be a lot worse.
3 comments:
I'm glad you guys did it, and that it went well, aside from the car. I'm sure there were a lot of happy faces. Family rocks!
A vacation in the best of Welch traditions, "Stick with me and I'll always show you a good time (or at least an exciting time)." You'll be talking about this one for years now. Love,
Pops
Looks and sounds like it was a great trip. You sure do have some cute boys. I was glad to spend some time with them - the ride home was actually fun!
Love ya,
~ lea
Post a Comment