Thursday, July 24, 2008

Everyone's talking about it, so I might as well too

Well it seems the topic this week is our feelings on Dad being in Afghanistan. I hate it. I HATE IT. I miss him so much. Jared misses him even more, Jared is going through so much having the baby move in to his spot, or so he perceives, that losing-literally- his best friend was almost unbearable. He prays for him everyday, the other night he said "please bless papa to be safe, bless everyone in Afghanistan to be safe, but let papa be the safest."
I am so proud of what he is doing, it is an amazing process to be a part of -helping a country regain its freedom, and amazing that my father can even do that, but I guess I am selfish because I would rather not have him buying body armor because his bullet proof vest they gave him just ain't enough. I wish he could come home. But until he does I am just going to enjoy every chance I have to see him and rejoice when Jared puts a smile like this on his face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure love getting my computer hugs. It's the best!
Papa

Anonymous said...

Bless you my friend,
I feel for you, but God picked your Dad for this duty over all others.I am honored to have him in my family (extended as it may be )
Kevin Baker